You want to enjoy your holidays freely and, with this in mind, you plan to buy a motorhome. Still, you do not have the savings available to finance this purchase?
A consumer credit is a flexible and advantageous way to bring your project to life without delay.
Recreational vehicle: make your project a reality with a loan
The motorhome has more and more followers. Today, 1.8 million motorhomes circulate in Europe, including 400,000 in France.
The project behind the purchase of a motorhome differs according to age group and desires:
- You are a young retiree and want to go on vacation easily, while controlling your budget.
- You dream of going around the world with your family in a motorhome.
- You have a dog and dream of a solution to simply take your companion on vacation with you.
- You simply want to feel free for your holidays and not be chained to a second home.
Whatever your project, the motorhome credit is the solution:
- You can finance the immediate purchase of your motorhome, even if you do not have the funds in stock.
- Are you targeting a used model? A credit gives you flexibility and responsiveness, to be sure not to miss a bargain.
- A future cash flow is looming? You can proceed with an early repayment of the loan as soon as it is more than 3 months old.
- The credit for your camper can include in its envelope the cost of additional equipment of your vehicle: awning, appliances, barbecue, outdoor living room, etc.
- Motorhome loans are becoming more attractive thanks to their interest rate, which has been falling for several years.
How much to borrow for the purchase of your motorhome?
To know how much to borrow, you need to know what type of motorhome you want to buy:
- The profiles: preferred choice of the French, they represent more than half of the motorhomes that roll in France, because of their value for money very interesting. Count at least 35 000 € for a profile.
- Integral: you need at least € 60,000, but you will not need to invest more in the equipment. Moreover, these are the most spacious models.
- The van or van converted budget level is the most interesting since you can find from 25 000 €. This model is very trendy right now. However, do not be afraid to do some work.
You are rather tempted by the purchase of a boat?
Financing your dream with a credit is interesting because it will allow you to include the ancillary costs of the type: safety equipment, delivery and masting if you opt for a sailboat, launching, etc.
Also take into account the boat’s maintenance costs, which can represent on average 10% of the purchase price of the boat per year, as well as the possible cost of the place in port.
It will be essential to pass a boat license if you plan to buy a model whose power exceeds 6 HP.
Which credit to choose for the purchase of your motorhome or your boat?
To finance the purchase of your motorhome or your boat, you have the choice between several types of credits:
- The affected credit: its particularity is that it makes it possible to make a purchase in particular, specified in the contract. You will be required to provide proof of the actual purchase of the vehicle to which the credit relates. If you do not finally buy the identified recreational vehicle, the loan automatically lapses.
- Personal loan: The amount of money borrowed through this type of credit can be spent as you wish. No need to provide proof of expense therefore. On the other hand, if the sale of the vehicle did not succeed, for one reason or another, you would still be liable for monthly loan payments.
- The revolving loan: the borrower has a reserve of money available, which he can use as he pleases. As and when repayments, the reserve is reconstituted. Interest must be paid only for money actually spent. This solution is preferred if you already have a personal contribution to the financing of your camper or your boat.
It is possible to borrow up to € 75,000 with a revolving credit. On the other hand, as soon as the borrowed sum exceeds 1 000 €, the lender is also required to offer you a classic loan offer, so that you can compare before making a decision.
Buying your motorhome in a trade show or fair can allow you to enjoy attractive discounts. Indeed, during these events, manufacturers often offer packages of price-priced options included in the sale price of vehicles.
Buying a motorhome or a boat: how to get a credit?
By using our comparator of consumer credit, you will be able to choose in all transparency the offer which suits you best with our partners:
- fill in the amount you want to borrow, your ideal repayment term, the age and brand of the vehicle you have located;
- access for free and without commitment to the best rates negotiated with our partners.
To build your file, the lender will need a number of supporting documents:
- your last 3 payslips, as well as those of your spouse;
- your last 3 statements of accounts (personal and joint accounts);
- a proof of address of less than 3 months;
- a copy of a valid ID.
This list of documents to provide is not exhaustive. It may indeed vary slightly from one credit institution to another.
After studying your file, you will then receive a personalized offer, the validity of which will be 15 days.